CGIAR System Organization (CGIAR)
Contact DetailsMore detailed data available with paid subscription.
1971-05 Washington DC USA
Established as an informal network of public and private entities. Reformed 2008, with new name, but acronym was retained as a title. Initially a contractual joint venture set up by the 15 Research Centers, but Agreement Establishing the Consortium as an independent international organization entered into force, 29 Apr 2010. Governance structure revised and current name adopted, 1 Jul 2016.
Advance agri-food science and innovation to enable poor people, especially poor women, to increase agricultural productivity and resilience, share in economic growth, better feed themselves and their families, and conserve natural resources in the face of climate change and other threats.
Events49 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
CGIAR System Council; CGIAR System Board; System Organization Management Office; General Assembly of the Centers.
Research Centers (14):
- D-XD4477 - Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice), Cotonou (Benin);
- E-XE3089 - Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Bogor (Indonesia);
- E-XE5928 - International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), Aleppo (Syrian AR);
- E-XE4115 - International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru (India);
- E-XE6331 - International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Washington DC (USA);
- E-XE4109 - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan (Nigeria);
- E-XE2297 - International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) Nairobi (Kenya);
- E-XE0270 - International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, El Batan (Mexico);
- E-XE4103 - International Potato Center, Lima (Peru);
- E-XE2417 - International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Los Baños (Philippines);
- E-XE0387 - International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo (Sri Lanka);
- E-AA3785 - Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT (Alliance Bioversity & CIAT);
- H-XE3150 - Bioversity International, Rome (Italy);
- E-XD6784 - World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), Nairobi (Kenya);
- E-XE5021 - WorldFish, Penang (Malaysia).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.