Conseil européen de l'industrie chimique (CEFIC)
European Chemical Industry Council
Founded as European Council of Chemical Manufacturers' Federations – Conseil européen des fédérations de l'industrie chimique by merger of H-XH0119 - European Centre of Chemical Manufacturers' Federations, set up 28 Apr 1959, and U-XH2529 - International Secretariat of Professional Groups in the Chemical Industry of the European Community Countries. Statutes revised: 12 Dec 1990 (when current title adopted); 26 Nov 1997, Brussels (Belgium) - approved by Royal Decree, 18 Mar 1998, following approval by the General Assembly of a new "3 pillar" structure; Jun 2001, Helsinki (Finland).
Be the forum and voice of the chemical industry in Europe.
Events89 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Assembly (annual). Board, including Executive Committee. Boards (2): National Associations; Industry Sectors. Leadership Team; International Chemicals Management (ICM) unit. Programme Councils (6): Communications; Energy, HSE and Logistics; Industrial Policy; Legislation and Institutional Affairs; Product Stewardship; Research and Innovation. Industry Sectors (3): Speciality Chemicals; E-XD8230 - Petrochemicals Europe; Halogens/ E-XE0876 - Euro Chlor. 'Speciality Chemicals', comprising the following sector groups:
- D-XM1237 - European Biocidal Product Forum (EBPF);
- Formaldehyde Biocides Interest Group (FABI);
- Microbial Control Executive Council - MCEC;
- Peracetic Acid Registration Group (PAR);
- Sorbic Acid BPD Registration Group (SARG);
- Sodium Chlorite/Chlorie Dioxide BPD Registration Group (SC BPD RG);
- E-XE3482 - Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Committee (APIC);
- Calcium Chloride;
- E-XM3791 - European Fine Chemicals Group (EFCG);
- E-XE2172 - European Soda Ash Producers Association (ESAPA);
- Chemical Vitamin E Producers (CVEP);
- E-XJ5956 - European Fermentation Group (EFG);
- European Polymer Dispersion and Latex Association (EPDLA);
- Food Contact Additives (FCA);
- E-XE6060 - Gelatin Manufacturers Association of Europe (GME);
- E-XE4048 - Inorganic Feed Phosphates (IFP);
- E-XJ5959 - Phosphoric Acid and Phosphates Producers Association (PAPA), including E-XD7696 - European Oleochemicals and Allied Products Group (APAG);
- E-XD0018 - European Committee of Organic Surfactants and their Intermediates;
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Management;
- E-XE3103 - Association of Synthetic Amorphous Silica Producers (ASASP);
- E-XD1069 - European Catalyst Manufacturers Association (ECMA);
- E-XJ5953 - European Producers of Specialty Aluminas (EPSA);
- Pigments, Dyes and Fillers Producers (Eurocolour);
- E-XK1195 - Titanium Dioxide Manufacturers' Association (TDMA);
- E-XK1876 - Sodium Sulphate Producers Association (SSPA);
- E-XE3113 - European Plasticisers;
- European Light Stabilisers and Antioxidants Association (ELiSANA);
- E-XE4339 - European Rubber Chemicals Association (ERCA);
- E-XE3721 - European Stabiliser Producers Association (ESPA);
- E-XJ5751 - Phosphorus, Inorganic and Nitrogen Flame Retardants Association (pinfa);
- E-XE1170 - CES - Silicones Europe;
- E-XE2852 - European Melamine Producers Association (EMPA);
- E-XJ5958 - Formacare;
- E-XE2171 - Hydrocarbon and Rosin Resins Producers Association (HARRPA);
- Polyester Powder Resin Manufacturers (PPRM);
- Solvent Resin Manufacturers (SRM);
- UV/EB Acrylate Sector Group;
- E-XE0887 - Activated Carbons Producers Association;
- E-XE0881 - Centre européen d'études des silicates (CEES);
- E-XE3726 - European Council for Alkylphenols and Derivatives (CEPAD);
- European Phosphonates Association (EPA);
- E-XJ5957 - European Zeolites Producers Association (EUZEPA);
- E-XK1875 - European Inorganic Coagulants Producers Association (INCOPA);
- E-XK0236 - Synthetic Organic Ion Exchangers and Adsorbents (SOIA).
E-XD8230 - Petrochemicals Europe, including the following Sector Groups:
- Acetyls Sector Group (ASG);
- European Basic Acrylic Monomer Group (EBAM);
- Acrylonitrile Group (ACN);
- Amines Sector Group;
- E-XK1192 - Aromatics Producers' Association (APA);
- Automotive Grade Urea (AGU);
- BDO and Derivatives Sector Group;
- Coal Chemicals (CCSG);
- E-XE2169 - Ethylene Oxide and Derivates Producers Association (EO and Glycols);
- E-XE5992 - Sustainable Fuels;
- Lower Olefins Sector Group (LOSG), including Methacrylates Sector Group (MSG);
- Methanol Sector Group;
- Phenol and Acetone Sector Group (PASG);
- Propylene Oxide and Glycols Sector Group (PO and Glycols);
- E-XE4122 - European Solvents Industry Group (ESIG);
- D-XM4371 - European UP/VE Resin Association.
E-XE0876 - Euro Chlor, including the following sector Groups:
- E-XE5906 - European Fluorocarbons Technical Committee (EFCTC);
- F-XM6818 - Global Fluorocarbon Producers Forum (GFPF);
- E-XE3957 - European Sulphuric Acid Association (ESA);
- E-XE6020 - EUROFLUOR.
Other groups not listed above, include:
- G-XJ5954 - European Aliphatic Isocyanates Producers Association (ALIPA);
- E-XE5994 - European Citric Acid Manufacturers Association (ECAMA);
- E-XE1508 - European Extruded Polystyrene Insulation Board Association (EXIBA);
- E-XE3103 - Association of Synthetic Amorphous Silica Producers (ASASP);
- E-XE1507 - European Chlorinated Solvent Association (ECSA);
- European Sulphuric Acid Association (ESA);
- K-XK1191 - Acrylonitrile Producers' Association;
- E-XE1692 - Flame Retardants Europe (FRE);
- E-XD5115 - European Phenolic Resins Association (EPRA);
- European Solvents VOC Co-ordination Group (ESVOCG);
- E-XE3483 - Hydrocarbon Solvents Producers Association (HSPA);
- E-XE3094 - Oxygenated Solvents Producers Association (OSPA).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
RegistrationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.