International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH)
Commission internationale de la santé du travail (CIST)
Comisión Internacional de Medicina del Trabajo (CIMT)
Contact DetailsMore detailed data available with paid subscription.
1906-06-13 Milan Italy
13 Jun 1906, Milan (Italy), at 1st International Conference, as Commission internationale permanente pour l'étude des maladies professionnelles. Subsequent name changes: 1929 to Permanent International Commission on Industrial Medicine – Commission internationale permanente pour la médecine du travail; 1957 to Permanent Commission and International Association on Occupational Health (PCIAOH) – Commission permanente et Association internationale pour la médecine de travail. Present name adopted 1984.
Foster scientific progress, knowledge and development of occupational health and safety, in all its aspects, on an international basis.
Events2024-04-28 | Marrakech, Morocco – International Congress on Occupational Health
136 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Assembly (every 3 years, at International Congress); Board. Scientific Committees (37):
- Accident Prevention;
- Aging and Work;
- Allergy and Immunotoxicology;
- Cardiology in OH;
- Education and Training in OH;
- Effectiveness in Occupation Health Services (EOHS);
- Emergency Preparedness and Response in Occupational Health;
- Epidemiology in OH;
- History of Prevention of Occupation and Environmental Diseases;
- Indoor Air Quality and Health;
- Industrial Hygiene;
- Mining Occupational Safety and Health;
- Musculoskeletal Disorders;
- Nanomaterial Workers' Health;
- Neurotoxicology and Psychophysiology;
- Occupational and Environmental Dermatoses;
- Occupational Health Nursing;
- Occupational Medicine;
- Occupational Toxicology;
- OH and Development;
- OH for Health Workers;
- OH in the Chemical Industry (MEDICHEM);
- OH in the Construction Industry;
- Radiation and Work;
- Reproductive Hazards in the Workplace;
- Respiratory Disorders;
- Rural Health: Agriculture, Pesticides and Organic Dusts;
- Shiftwork and Working Time;
- Small-Scale Enterprises and the Informal Sector;
- Thermal Factors;
- Toxicology of Metals;
- Unemployment, Job Insecurity and Health;
- Vibration and Noise;
- Women Health and Work;
- Work and Vision;
- Work Disability Prevention and Integration;
- Work Organisation and Psychosocial Factors.
Secretariat in Rome (Italy).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
RegistrationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.