The UIA's Database
The Union of International Associations (UIA) maintains a database on international civil society: international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and inter-governmental organizations (IGOs).
The UIA’s databases Yearbook of International Organizations and International Congress Calendar are continuously updated and currently include descriptive profiles of over 75,750 international associations – including contact details, history, aims, and membership – and details on over 470,000 international meetings of these bodies, from 1850 to the present, and also far into the future.
The Union of International Associations (UIA) is a non-profit, independent, apolitical, and non-governmental institution in the service of international associations. Since its foundation in 1907 the UIA has focused on documenting the nature and evolution of international civil society. The approach is scientific, the result is quality.
You can subscribe to the database – online or in print – or you can ask UIA to provide data extractions from the database according to your needs. For information on subscriptions, please ask UIA for more information or see Associate Membership. For information on customized data extractions, please read on!
UIA’s data are structured, comprehensive and concise. The structured framework enables extensive comparison and focused extraction.
Please see the 'Data Selection' tab for a full description of what information the profiles may contain.
The Customized Services
- Data Extractions: once-off data extraction requests, delivered in Excel files or PDF
- Data Streaming: data streamed to your database, intranet or newsreader
- Customized statistics reports (sample)
How It Works
Our specialized researchers will work with you to help you identify the data selection criteria that meet your needs. You can see a list of the criteria in the 'Data Selection' tab above. Once you have made your data selection, we will work with you to help you choose the type of customized service for delivery of your data. From beginning to end, we will guide you through every step of the process.
- Addresses of associations with a principal or secondary office in a specified country
- Addresses of associations with members in a specified country but no events in that country
- Profiles of international associations with an interest in a specified subject
- Profiles of international association meetings in a specified year and country
- List of associations holding future meetings on a specified subject