In its earliest work the UIA quickly recognized the importance of international meetings and congresses to international association life. This recognition has led to a decades long engagement with what is now known as the meetings industry. UIA also initiated the first international meetings of this industry, which led to the creation of a number of trade groups such as AIPC, AIIC, AITC and IAPCO.
UIA currently offers collaboration and partnership with entities in the meetings industry in the format of an Associate Membership. The main focus of this collaboration is promoting the networking between association and industry bodies.
UIA Associate Members
- Receive an exclusive early copy of UIA’s International Meetings Statistics Report
- Have online access to UIA’s International Congress Calendar and, with a Premium Membership, to Yearbook of International Organizations
- Receive an exclusive copy of the UIA Survey on Meetings of International Organizations
- Are invited to participate in UIA's Associations Round Tables
- May post their news relevant to associations on the UIA website
- May maintain their own page on the UIA website, linked from the Associate Members' Directory
- Receive support from UIA in their networking with international associations by customized contact data delivery
- May order a customized data-streaming in constantly updated live data feeds on organizations and their meetings
- Are invited to participate in UIA’s training sessions
- Upon request, can receive professional advice about networking opportunities with associations