Human development, culture and spirituality
A data base is maintained, as part of the development of the Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential, on the various concepts of human development (1000 entries) and associated modes or awareness (over 3000) in terms of which individuals and groups engender developmental programmes and images of quality of life. Related studies include the following:
- From Culturgrams to Religrams (1993)
- Systems of Categories Distinguishing Cultural Biases: with notes on facilitation in a multi-cultural environment (1993)
- The Spiritual Nature of Metaphors (1993)
- Towards an Ecology of Spiritual Traditions as Articulated by a Dynamic System of Metaphors: paper for the World Congress towards Spiritual Concord, Alma-Ata, October 1992 (1992)
- Thoughts on "Psyche at Work" (1992)
A number of different approaches have been taken to collecting and reordering information on the values to which reference is made in the design of organizational programmes and strategies. This has been done as part of the development of the Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential. Experiments have been made in presenting this information so as to highlight opposing or contrasting values.