Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA)
Association pour le renforcement de la recherche agricole en Afrique orientale et centrale
Founded 8 Sep 1994, on signature of a Memorandum of Agreement by directors of member institutes, following their decision of Jun 1994. Constitution and by-laws formally adopted and headquarters agreement with the host country (Uganda) signed, Mar 1995, Kampala (Uganda). Original title: Association for Strengthening Agriculture Research in East and Central Africa.
Strengthen and increase the efficiency of agricultural research in the Eastern and Central Africa region; facilitate the achievement of economic growth, food security and export competitiveness through productive and sustainable agriculture; promote regional cooperation in agricultural research so as to exploit economies of scale and scope.
Events11 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
Committee of Directors of 10 members. Executive Secretariat. Working Groups (6): Regional Agricultural Research Priority Setting; Human Resources Development; Scientific Information and Documentation; Agricultural Policy Analysis; Technology Generation and Delivery Systems; Research Management Information Systems. Task Forces.
Operational arms are Networks, Programmes and Projects (NPPs):
- F-XF4444 - African Highland Initiative Eco-regional Programme (AHI) (with World Agroforestry Centre);
- K-XK1775 - ASARECA Animal Agriculture Research Network (A-AARNET) (with ILRI);
- F-XK1491 - Banana Research Network of Eastern and Southern Africa (BARNESA);
- K-XK1555 - East and Central African Bean Research Network (ECABREN);
- K-XK1558 - Eastern and Central Africa Maize and Wheat Network (ECAMAW) (with CIMMYT);
- K-XK1556 - Potato and Sweet Potato Research Network of Eastern and Central Africa (with CIP);
- K-XJ5466 - Coffee Research Network in East and Central Africa (CORNET); Technology Transfer Project (with CIP);
- K-XJ5477 - Eastern Africa Plant Genetic Resources Network (EAPGREN);
- K-XJ5472 - East and Central Africa Rice Research Network (ECARRN);
- K-XK2159 - Postharvest Processing Network (FOODNET);
- K-XJ5475 - Regional Agricultural Information Network (RAIN);
- K-XJ5469 - Soil and Water Management Network (SWMnet);
- K-XK2273 - Trees On-Farm Network (TOFNET);
- K-XK1879 - Eastern and Central Africa Programme for Agricultural Policy Analysis (ECAPAPA);
- 'ASARECA Biotechnology and Biosafety Programme'.
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.