International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth's Interior (IASPEI)
Association internationale de séismologie et de physique de l'intérieur de la Terre (AISPIT)
1901 Strasbourg France
Founded as Central Bureau of Seismology -- Bureau central de séismologie. Original organization dissolved and present body formed 1922, Rome (Italy), as constituent association of A-XA2722 - International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG). Current statutes adopted by General Assembly, 1975, Grenoble (France), and amended by General Assembly, 1981, London ON (Canada), 2011, Melbourne (Australia), 2015, Prague (Czech Rep), and 2017, Kobe (Japan).
Promote study of the structure, properties and processes of the Earth; advance theoretical and observational development of seismology and its applications to Earth structure, resource exploration, earthquake science, earthquake hazards, nuclear testing, related treaty monitoring and environmental monitoring.
Events41 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Assembly (every 2 years, alternate assemblies being held with a full assembly of IUGG); Executive Committee; Bureau; Secretariat, headed by Secretary General.
IASPEI Commissions (7); Joint Association Activities (6):
- IAPSO/IASPEI/IAVCEI Joint Tsunami Commission;
- E-XE2723 - IASPEI/IAVCEI Joint Commission on Physics and Chemistry of Earth Materials;
- E-XE2832 - IASPEI/IAVCEI Commission on Volcano Seismology;
- Structure of the Earth's Deep Interior (SEDI);
- 'IAGA/IASPEI/IAVCEI Working Group on Electromagnetic Studies of Earthquakes and Volcanoes'.
Regional Commissions (4):
- J-XJ7419 - Africa Seismological Commission (AfSC);
- E-XJ7421 - Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission (LACSC);
- E-XD8301 - European Seismological Commission (ESC);
- K-XK1244 - Asian Seismological Commission (ASC).
Commission Status (2):
- E-XE1296 - International Federation of Digital Seismograph Networks (FDSN);
- E-XE2180 - International Heat Flow Commission (IHFC).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.