International Co-operative Alliance (ICA)
Alliance coopérative internationale (ACI)
Alianza Cooperativa Internacional (ACI)
Internationaler Genossenschaftsbund (IGB)
Mezdunarodnyj Kooperativnyj Alians (MKA)
Contact DetailsMore detailed data available with paid subscription.
1895-08-19 London UK
Founded with a mixed membership of individuals and cooperative organizations. Individual membership abolished in 1902.
Be prized as the organization of reference which provides an effective and efficient global voice and forum of knowledge, expertise and coordinated action for and about cooperatives.
Events132 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Assembly; Regional Assemblies; ICA Board; Europe Region: E-XM1267 - Cooperatives Europe; Regional Offices (4); Project Office in Singapore (Singapore); Secretariat based in Brussels (Belgium). Specialized organizations (8):
- E-XE1340 - Consumer Co-operatives Worldwide (CCW);
- E-XE2305 - International Co-operative Agricultural Organisation (ICAO);
- E-XE1855 - International Cooperative Banking Association (ICBA);
- E-XE2383 - International Cooperative Fisheries Organization (ICFO);
- E-XE2317 - Co-operative Housing International (CHI);
- E-XC4563 - International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF);
- E-XE3699 - International Health Cooperative Organization (IHCO);
- E-XE4541 - International Organisation of Industrial and Service Cooperatives (CICOPA).
Board committees (8): Governance; Membership; Audit and Risk; Human Resources; Principles; International Accounting and Regulatory Affairs; Elections; Grant Oversight.
Alliance committees and networks (5):
Thematic Committees (4): Gender Equality Committee; Committee on Co-operative Research; Co-operative Law Committee; Youth Network; Communications Committee.
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
RegistrationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.