EuropeAid Cooperation Office (AIDCO)
EuropeAid office de coopération
EuropeAid Amt für Zusammenarbeit
EuropeAid Oficina de Cooperación
EuropeAid Ufficio di cooperazione
EuropeAid Serviço de Cooperação
EuropeAid Dienst voor Samenwerking
EuropeAid Byrån för samarbete
1 Jan 2001, Brussels, as part of the External Assistance Management reform process, initiated by E-XE2442 - European Commission (EC) on 16 May 2000. Expands the activities of and replaces U-XJ7490 - Joint Service for the Management of Community Aid to Non-Member Countries (SCR), set up 15 Oct 1997, which itself replaced H-XD0550 - European Association for Cooperation (EAC). A Commission Department operating under the Commissioner responsible for External Relations and the European Neighbourhood Policy. Ceased to exist as a separate office when DG Development and DG EuropeAid were merged into one single DG: DG Development and Cooperation - EuropeAid, 3 Jan 2011.
Implement the external aid instruments of the European Commission; unify and strengthen Commission capacity to manage external aid.
Events20 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
Office reports to Group of Commissioners responsible for external relations. Made up of 7 Directorates and 4 Units attached to the Directorate-General: 4 geographical Directorates and 3 overseeing the quality of the operations, the management of operations and organizations; Units 01, 02 and 03 are responsible for horizontal programmes.
- A: Europe, Southern Mediterranean, Middle East and Neighbourhood Policy, comprising (A1) Geographical coordination and supervision for Europe, (A2) Geographical coordination and supervision for the Mediterranean and Middle-East, (A3) Centralized operations for Europe, the Mediterranean and Middle-East, (A4) Nuclear Safety, (A5) Finance, Contracts and Audit for Europe, the Mediterranean and Middle-East and (A6) Multi-country programmes;
- B: Latin America, comprising (B1) Geographical coordination and supervision for Latin America, (B2) Centralized operations for Latin America and (B3) Finance, Contracts and Audit for Latin America;
- C: Sub-Saharan Africa, Caribbean and Pacific, comprising (C1) Geographical coordination and supervision for ACPs, (C2) Geographical coordination and supervision for ACPs, (C3) Coordination Intra-ACP and OCTs, pan-African issues and horizontal aspects, (C4) Centralized operation the ACP Countries, (C5) Finance, Contracts and Audit for the ACP countries, (C6) African Union and Peace Facility and (C7) Water and Energy Facility;
- D: Asia and Central Asia, comprising (D1) Geographical coordination and supervision for Asia and Central Asia, (D2) Centralized operations for Asia and Central Asia and (D3) Finance, Contracts and Audit for Asia and Central Asia;
- E: Quality of Operations, comprising (E1) Macro-economic support, (E2) Business, trade and regional integration, (E3) Social and human development and migration, (E4) Governance, security, human rights and gender, (E5) Quality monitoring systems and methodologies, (E6) Natural resources and (E7) Infrastructures;
- F: Thematic Operations, comprising (F1) Relations with civil society and coordination, (F2) Central management of thematic budget lines PA RELEX, (F3) Central management of thematic budget lines PA DEV and (F4) Finance, Contracts and Audit for thematic budget lines; thematic instruments include E-XK1926 - European Instrument for Democracy and for Human Rights (EIDHR);
- G: Resources, comprising (G1) Programming and budgetary matters, (G2) Coordination of ICS and methodology for ex-post controls and auditing, (G3) Human resources, (G4) Training and knowledge management, (G5) Information systems and office technology, (G6) Documents management and office infrastructures, (G7) Financial and contractual matters, and legal affairs and (G8) Relations with the Council, EP and the International Organization secretariats of Management Committees.
- 1: Organization strategies, Aid effectiveness and relations with bilateral donors;
- 2: Internal audit capacity;
- 3: Evaluation;
- 4: Information, communication and front office.
Director-General; Deputy Director-General; Assistants; Advisers.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.