Climate Action Network (CAN)
1989-03 Brussels Belgium
Promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels; promote cooperation among international groups and national organizations sharing a common concern about climate change; undertake further collaborative action to promote effective NGO involvement in efforts to avert global warming.
Events1 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
An international consortium. Regional Networks (10) include:
- E-XK0742 - Climate Action Network Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia;
- E-XK1053 - Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe);
- E-XK1046 - Climate Action Network Latin America (CANLA);
- E-XM5332 - Pacific Islands Climate Action Network (PICAN);
- E-XK1028 - Climate Action Network South Asia (CANSA);
- E-XK1081 - Climate Action Network South East Asia (CANSEA).
National Networks (10).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.