Baptist World Alliance (BWA)
Alliance baptiste mondiale
Alianza Bautista Mundial
1905-07 London UK
Founded at 1st Baptist World Congress.
Promote: mission and evangelism, Christian nurture and responsible theological reflection, freedom and justice, relief and development; support churches in their calling to evangelize the world and mobilize member bodies in world evangelism; provide resources for churches and pastors; support the work of member organizations in fostering Christian nurture and church health.
Events2021-07-07 | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Quinquennial Congress
45 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Council (annual); Executive Committee (usually meeting twice a year). Departments (3): Women's; Men's; Youth. Divisions (5): Worship, Fellowship & Unity; Mission & Evangelism; Aid, Relief & Community Development; Religious Freedom, Human Rights & Justice; and Theological Reflection & Transformational Leadership.
Regional Fellowships (6):
- E-XE3270 - All Africa Baptist Fellowship (AABF);
- D-XD4336 - Asia Pacific Baptist Federation (APBF);
- E-XE8170 - Caribbean Baptist Fellowship;
- D-XD0591 - European Baptist Federation (EBF);
- G-XD5130 - North American Baptist Fellowship (NABF);
- E-XE2960 - Union of Baptists in Latin America (UBLA).
Continental unions within the Women's Department (7):
- E-XD8138 - Asian Baptist Women's Union (ABWU);
- D-XD1464 - Baptist Women's Union of Africa (BWAU);
- E-XD8140 - Baptist Women of the Pacific (BWP);
- K-XK1995 - Caribbean Baptist Women's Union;
- D-XD3821 - European Baptist Women's Union (EBWU);
- E-XD8139 - Latin American Baptist Women's Union;
- U-XG8705 - North American Baptist Women's Union (NABWU).
Relief and development arm (1):
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.