International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences (IAMAS)
Association internationale de météorologie et de sciences de l'atmosphère (AIMSA)
1919 Brussels Belgium
1919, Brussels (Belgium), as International Association of Meteorology -- Association internationale de météorologie. Subsequently name changed to International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics (IAMAP) -- Association internationale de météorologie et de physique de l'atmosphère (AIMPA). Present name adopted 1993. Constituent association of A-XA2722 - International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG).
Promote meteorological research and investigation on all aspects of atmospheric sciences, particularly in fields requiring international cooperation; provide a forum for discussion of results and trends in research, and of those subjects of atmospheric research and investigation which overlap fields of other sciences.
Events2025-07-20 | Busan, Korea Rep – Joint Assembly
54 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Assembly; Executive Committee; Bureau. Commissions (10):
- E-XE3837 - International Commission on Atmospheric Chemistry and Global Pollution (ICACGP);
- E-XE3842 - International Commission on Atmospheric Electricity (ICAE);
- International Commission on Climate;
- E-XE3841 - International Commission on Clouds and Precipitation (ICCP);
- E-XE3839 - International Commission on Dynamical Meteorology (ICDM);
- E-XE3838 - International Commission on Middle Atmosphere Science (ICMA);
- E-XE0134 - International Commission on Planetary Atmospheres and their Evolution (ICPAE);
- E-XE3840 - International Commission on Polar Meteorology (ICPM);
- E-XE3836 - International Ozone Commission (IO3C);
- E-XE3835 - International Radiation Commission (IRC).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.