United World Colleges (UWC International)
Search Open Yearbook
This information is part of the Open Yearbook, a free service of UIA's subscription-based Yearbook of International Organizations (YBIO). It includes profiles of non-profit organizations working worldwide in all fields of activity. The information contained in the profiles and search functionality of this free service are limited.
The full-featured Yearbook of International Organizations (YBIO) includes over 72,500 organization profiles, additional information in the profiles, sophisticated search functionality and data export. For more information about YBIO, please click here or contact us.
The UIA is a leading provider of information about international non-profit organizations. The aim of the Open Yearbook is to promote the activities of international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs).
1962 Glamorgan UK
First college - UWC Atlantic College - opened 1962, Glamorgan (UK).
Make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
Events27 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
UWC International Congress (meets every 6 years); UWC Council; International Board of Directors; International Office, London (UK), headed by Executive Director. UWC schools and colleges (currently 16) are accountable to the International Board through the Chairpersons of their governing bodies:
- G-XG9071 - UWC Atlantic College, Cardiff (UK);
- G-XG8876 - Lester B Pearson United World College of the Pacific, Victoria BC (Canada);
- G-XG8348 - United World College of South East Asia (UWCSEA), Singapore (Singapore);
- G-XG7065 - Waterford KaMhlaba United World College of Southern Africa, Mbabane (Eswatini);
- UWC-USA, Montezuma NM (USA);
- G-XG4108 - Collegio del Mondo Unito dell'Adriatico (UWC Adriatic), Trieste (Italy);
- Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong (LPCUWC), Hong Kong;
- G-XG4721 - UWC Red Cross Nordic (RCNUWC), Flekke (Norway);
- UWC Mahindra College, Pune (India);
- UWC Costa Rica, Santa Ana (Costa Rica);
- UWC Mostar, Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina);
- UWC Maastricht, Maastricht (Netherlands);
- UWC Dilijan (Armenia);
- UWC Changshu (China);
- UWC Robert Bosch College (Germany);
- UWC Thailand (Thailand);
- UWC ISAK Japan (Japan).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
RegistrationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.