World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT)
Confédération mondiale pour la thérapie physique
Contact DetailsAvailable with paid subscription only.
1951-09-08 Copenhagen Denmark
8 Sep 1951, Copenhagen (Denmark), when Articles of Association were agreed, a Provisional Committee having been set up in 1948 and a draft constitution drawn up in Apr 1950, Paris (France). UK Registered Charity: 234307.
Further the physical therapy profession and improve global health.
Events2025 – Biennial Congress
2023-06-01 | Tokyo, Japan – Biennial Congress
2021-04-08 | Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Biennial Congress
50 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Meeting (every 4 years, at Congress); Executive Board; International Scientific Committee; Sub-committees, sub-groups and special interest sub-groups. Regions (5): Africa; Asia Western Pacific; European; North America Caribbean; South America. Official sub-groups:
- E-XE4136 - International Acupuncture Association of Physical Therapists (IAAPT);
- E-XJ5275 - International Association of Physical Therapists in Animal Practice (IAPTAP);
- E-XM1094 - International Association for Physical Therapists Working with Older People (IPTOP);
- E-XJ5276 - International Confederation of Cardiorespiratory Physical Therapists (ICCrPT);
- E-XD2071 - International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT);
- D-XD9009 - International Federation of Sports Physical Therapy (IFSPT);
- E-XJ5280 - International Neurological Physical Therapy Association (INPA);
- E-XJ5281 - International Organization of Physical Therapists in Mental Health (IOPTMH);
- E-XE4137 - International Organization of Physical Therapists in Women's Health (IOPTWH);
- E-XE2583 - International Private Physical Therapy Association (IPPTA);
- E-XM3781 - International Organisation of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics (IOPTP);
- E-XJ5282 - International Society for Electrophysical Agents in Physical Therapy (ISEAPT).
Secretariat in London (UK), headed by CEO. Meetings open to accredited delegates and observers. Affiliated networks (3): Aquatic Physical Therapy International (APTI); International Network of Spinal Cord Injury Physiotherapists; International Society of Physiotherapy Journal Editors.
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
RegistrationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Consultative StatusAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.