BioNET INTERNATIONAL - Global Network for Taxonomy (BI)
following recommendations of C-XC0359 - CABI, 1991. Concept endorsed, Jul 1993, at a meeting of representatives of various sub-regions of the developing world, major expert centres of developed countries, international organizations and UN agencies and some donors, who set up BioNET INTERNATIONAL Consultative Group (BICG) - (BIOCON) to promote and foster the Network. Original full title Global Network for Biosystematics of Arthropods, Nematodes and Microorganisms; subsequent full title: BioNET INTERNATIONAL - Global Network for Biosystematics (BI) - Global Network for Biosystematics of Invertebrates and Microorganisms.
Promote the science and use of taxonomy, especially in the economically poorer countries of the world.
Events3 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
Locally Owned and Operated Partnerships (LOOPs), delimited by UN subregions, each comprising: LOOP Coordinating Committee (LCC); Regional Coordinating Institute; National Coordinating Institutions; Network Institutions. Secretariat. Host Organization: C-XC0359 - CABI. BioNET Fund managed by BioNET Board. Current LOOPs (12):
- ANDINONET, set up 2004;
- ASEANET - ASEAN Network on Taxonomy, set up 1998 and endorsed by D-XD0165 - ASEAN;
- CARINET - Biosystematics Network of the Caribbean, set up 1993 and endorsed by D-XD4579 - Caribbean Community (CARICOM);
- EAFRINET, set up 1998;
- EASIANET, set up 2002;
- NAFRINET, set up 2004;
- PACINET - Pacific Island Network for Taxonomy, set up 2000 and endorsed by E-XE3221 - Council of Regional Organisations of the Pacific (CROP);
- SACNET, set up 2006;
- SAFRINET, set up 1996 and endorsed by F-XF2522 - Southern African Development Community (SADC);
- WAFRINET, set up 1998 and endorsed F-XF3083 - West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (WECARD);
- LATINET, planned;
- MESOAMERINET, developed 2003 and awaiting endorsement.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Inter-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.