International Association of Botanical and Mycological Societies (IABMS)
Association internationale des sociétés de botanique et de mycologie
1981 Sydney NSW Australia
Founded during 13th S-XF1402 - International Botanical Congress (IBC), to replace the former Division of Botany and Mycology within the B-XB2698 - International Union of Biological Sciences (IUBS). Currently functions as "Botany General" Commission of IUBS. Current Constitution adopted by the Board of IABMS meeting, 2 Sep 1993, Yokohama (Japan). Acts as the body charged with the responsibility of ensuring the ongoing continuance of International Botanical Congresses (IBC).
Promote exchange of information among adhering organizations, coordinate and further their aims and efforts; encourage international scientific bodies with an interest in plant sciences, not already members of IUBS, to apply for scientific membership so as to be able to adhere to IABMS.
Events2029 – International Botanical Congress
2024-07-21 | Madrid, Spain – Six-Yearly International Botanical Congress
2024-07-21 | Madrid, Spain – International Botanical Congress
2023-07-23 | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – International Botanical Congress
35 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
General Assembly (every 6 years, at the closing of International Botanical Congress); Board.
Sections (7): General Botany; C-XC1202 - International Association for Plant Taxonomy (IAPT); B-XD4105 - International Mycological Association (IMA); E-XE2327 - International Organization of Palaeobotany (IOP); E-XF5270 - International Plant Growth Substances Association (IPGSA); B-XB2488 - International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS); B-XC5789 - International Society for Plant Pathology (ISPP).
- General Committee on Botanical Nomenclature;
- F-XC1258 - International Association of Botanic Gardens (IABG);
- K-XE1536 - International Commission for the Nomenclature of Cultivated Plants (ICNCP);
- C-XD1522 - International Commission for Plant-Pollinator Relationships (ICPPR);
- C-XC2315 - International Organization for Succulent Plant Study (IOS);
- C-XD2358 - International Phycological Society (IPS);
- Standing Committee for International Plant Protection Congresses (IPPC);
- B-XB2452 - International Seed Testing Association (ISTA);
- C-XC1564 - International Society for Mushroom Science (ISMS);
- D-XD6845 - Organization for the Phyto-Taxonomic Investigation of the Mediterranean Area (OPTIMA).
LanguagesAvailable with paid subscription only.
StaffAvailable with paid subscription only.
FinanceAvailable with paid subscription only.
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.