Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization
Comité spécial de la Charte des Nations Unies et du raffermissement du rôle de l'Organisation
Contact DetailsAvailable with paid subscription only.
1975, under resolution 3499 (XXX) of the General Assembly of the United Nations (UN), having existed as an ad hoc committee to review the UN Charter since 1974.
Consider all proposals concerning the question of the maintenance of international peace and security in all its aspects in order to strengthen the role of the United Nations.Available with paid subscription only.
Negotiated several texts, resulting inter alia in the adoption by the General Assembly of the following instruments:
• Manila Declaration on the Peaceful Settlement of International Disputes, (GA res 37/10 of 15 Nov 1982, annex);
• Declaration on the Prevention and Removal of Disputes and Situations Which May Threaten International Peace and Security and on the Role of the United Nations in this Field (GA res 43/51 of 5 Dec 1988, annex);
• Declaration on Fact-finding by the United Nations in the Field of the Maintenance of International Peace and Security (GA res 46/59 of 9 Dec 1991, annex);
• Declaration on the Enhancement of Cooperation between the United Nations and Regional Arrangements or Agencies in the Maintenance of International Peace and Security (GA res 49/57 of 9 Dec 1994, annex);
• United Nations Model Rules for the Conciliation of Disputes between States (GA res 50/50 of 11 Dec 1995, annex);
• Decision on Resort to a commission of good offices, mediation or conciliation within the United Nations (GA res 44/415 of 4 Dec 1989, annex);
• Resolution on Prevention and Peaceful settlement of disputes (GA res 57/26 of 19 Nov 2002);
• Conclusions of the Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization concerning the rationalization of existing United Nations procedures (GA res 45/45 of 28 Nov 1990);
• Commemoration of the 60th Anniversary of the International Court of Justice (GA res 61/37 of 4 Dec 2006);
• Introduction and Implementation of Sanctions Imposed by the United Nations (GA res 64/115 of 16 Dec 2009, annex).
Members in 0 countries
More detailed data available with paid subscription.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
- International Relations
- United Nations
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
Last News Received
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.