United Methodist Church (UMC)
Iglesia Metodista Unida
Contact DetailsAvailable with paid subscription only.
1968, USA, on union of the Methodist Church, derived from the Methodist Episcopal Church in America, set up in 1784, with the Evangelical United Brethren Church, set up 1946 on merger of United Brethren and Evangelical churches.
Affirm faith in God the Creator and Father, in Jesus Christ the Saviour and in the Holy Spirit, the Guide and Guard.
Events8 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
Internal bodies include:
- G-XG5067 - General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist Church (GBCS);
- General Board of Discipleship (GBOD);
- G-XN7215 - Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church (GM-UMC);
- General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GHEM);
- Council on Ministries;
- General Commission on Archives and History (GCAH);
- General Commission on Communication (UMCOM);
- General Commission on United Methodist Men (UMM);
- General Commission on the Status and Role of Women (COSROW);
- General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA);
- G-XN0128 - United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR);
- U-XK1899 - United Methodist Church - East Africa Annual Conference;
- E-XF3053 - United Methodist Central Conference of Northern Europe;
- R-XR0391 - Order of Saint Luke (OSL);
- Environmental Justice Coordinators;
- Peace with Justice Coordinators;
- Relations Church and Society;
- United Methodist Publishing House (UMPH).
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.