The United Methodist Church (UMC)
La Iglesia Metodista Unida
Search Open Yearbook
This information is part of the Open Yearbook, a free service of UIA's subscription-based Yearbook of International Organizations (YBIO). It includes profiles of non-profit organizations working worldwide in all fields of activity. The information contained in the profiles and search functionality of this free service are limited.
The full-featured Yearbook of International Organizations (YBIO) includes over 72,500 organization profiles, additional information in the profiles, sophisticated search functionality and data export. For more information about YBIO, please click here or contact us.
The UIA is a leading provider of information about international non-profit organizations. The aim of the Open Yearbook is to promote the activities of international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs).
Founded on union of the Methodist Church, derived from the Methodist Episcopal Church in America, set up in 1784, with the Evangelical United Brethren Church, set up 1946 on merger of United Brethren and Evangelical churches.
Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Events8 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
Internal bodies include:
- G-XG5067 - General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist Church (GBCS);
- Discipleship Ministries (Formerly General Board of Discipleship)
- G-XN7215 - Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church (GM-UMC);
- General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GHEM);
- The Connectional Table
- General Commission on Archives and History (GCAH);
- General Commission on Communication (UMCOM);
- United Methodist Women (UMW)
- General Commission on United Methodist Men (UMM);
- General Commission on the Status and Role of Women (COSROW);
- General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA);
- General Commission on Religion and Race (GCORR)
- G-XN0128 - United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR);
- The United Methodist Council of Bishops
- United Methodist Publishing House (UMPH).
Relations with Non-Governmental OrganizationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.