United Nations System
Système des Nations Unies
Sistema de las Naciones Unidas
Contact DetailsMore detailed data available with paid subscription.
Events2 past events available with paid subscription only.
UN System is made up of the organizations established by the Charter of the United Nations, that is, the United Nations proper, the specialized agencies provided for in Article 57 of the Charter and a number of programmes established by the General Assembly under its authority derived from Article 22 of the Charter. To this must be added the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) which is not a specialized agency in the strict legal sense. The organizations are referred to collectively as "organizations of the United Nations system" which encompasses those organizations within and outside the "United Nations Common System". The Specialized Agencies and Related Organizations maintain separate legislative and governing bodies which provide the directives for their mandates. These organizations coordinate with the broader work of the United Nations through Inter-Organizational Agreements with the General Assembly and the Economic and Social Council facilitated through E-XE4062 - United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB).
Alphabetical Listing of UN System Organizations and Entities:
- B-XB0971 - FAO;
- B-XB1383 - International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA);
- B-XB1505 - International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO);
- E-XE0128 - International Civil Service Commission (ICSC);
- F-XF1721 - International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD);
- B-XB2183 - ILO;
- B-XB1117 - International Maritime Organization (IMO);
- F-XF2266 - International Monetary Fund (IMF);
- B-XB1112 - International Organization for Migration (IOM);
- B-XB2622 - International Telecommunication Union (ITU);
- E-XE2639 - International Trade Centre (ITC);
- E-XE9922 - Joint Inspection Unit of the United Nations (JIU);
- E-XE2288 - Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS);
- E-XK1312 - Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR);
- E-XE3016 - UNHCR;
- B-XB0057 - Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW);
- E-XE3237 - Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO);
- F-XJ2621 - UN Women;
- A-XA3375 - United Nations (UN);
- F-XF3380 - UNICEF;
- E-XE3381 - UNCTAD;
- E-XE3382 - UNDP;
- E-XE4177 - United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP);
- E-XE4178 - United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA);
- E-XE4174 - United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA);
- E-XE4176 - United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE);
- E-XE4175 - United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC);
- B-XB3383 - UNESCO;
- E-XE4161 - UNEP;
- T-XT9210 - United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC);
- E-XE6809 - United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat);
- B-XE3386 - UNIDO;
- E-XE6904 - United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR);
- E-XE3387 - United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR);
- E-XE5305 - International Computing Centre (ICC);
- E-XK2002 - United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR);
- E-XE4069 - United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI);
- E-XK0972 - United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS);
- E-XE3574 - United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC);
- F-XF5606 - United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA);
- E-XE1325 - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA);
- E-XE3388 - United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD);
- F-XK1600 - United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC);
- F-XF2488 - United Nations University (UNU);
- B-XB3408 - Universal Postal Union (UPU);
- F-XF6841 - The World Bank Group;
- F-XE3543 - World Food Programme (WFP);
- B-XB3548 - WHO;
- B-XB3635 - World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- B-XB3556 - World Meteorological Organization (WMO);
- B-XB2745 - World Tourism Organization (UNWTO);
- B-XF2527 - World Trade Organization (WTO).
MembersAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.