Council of NoE Coordinators
1997-03-13 Newcastle upon Tyne UK
13-14 Mar 1997, Newcastle upon Tyne (UK), at meeting of network coordinators with experts from E-XE2442 - European Commission (EC), within the framework of U-XF1018 - Specific Programme for Research and Technological Development in the Field of Information Technologies (ESPRIT), as part of the EU 4th Framework programme. Under the 5th Framework programme, part of U-XE3585 - Information Society Technologies Programme (IST Programme). As of Feb 2004, dormant. No longer active, 2005.
Disseminate information and enhance awareness about European Networks of Excellence, thereby improving their effectiveness and increasing access to products of European research and technological development; encourage cooperation and interaction among NoEs in different information technology (IT) fields; make the results of EU research and development more visible and accessible, to the benefit of industry and the consumer at large; foster cooperation among research communities in different areas of technology, thus reducing development time in areas where several distinct basic technologies may be needed.
Events4 past events available with paid subscription only.
ActivitiesAvailable with paid subscription only.
President; Vice President. Currently setting up a General Office across different virtual and physical sites. Component networks (22):
- Network of Excellence for Agent-based Computing (AGENTLINK);
- Network of Excellence in Computing Systems Architectures (CaberNet);
- Network of Excellence in Concurrent Engineering (CE-NET);
- Network of Excellence in Computational Logic (Compulog Net);
- Network of Excellence in Language and Speech (ELSNET-2);
- Network of Excellence for Fuzzy Logic and Uncertainty Modeling in Information Technology (ERUDIT);
- Network for Industrial Application of Polynomial Design Methods (EUROPOLY);
- Network of Excellence in Evolutionary Computation (EvoNet);
- Network of Excellence on Good Die (GOOD DIE2);
- High Temperature Electronics Network (HITEN2);
- Network for Intelligent Information Interfaces (i3net);
- Network on Intelligent Technologies for Smart Adaptive Systems (EUNITE);
- Network of Excellence in Intelligent Control and Integration of Manufacturing Systems (ICIMS);
- Network on Machine Learning (MLNET);
- Model-Based and Qualitative Reasoning Systems Network (MONET);
- Computational Intelligence and Learning (NETWORK CLUSTER);
- Network in Neural Networks (NEURONET);
- Network of Excellence in Multifunctional Microsystems (NEXUS);
- Network on Artificial Olfactory Sensing (NOSE);
- Network of Excellence in Physics and Technology of Mesoscopic Systems (PHANTOMS);
- Network of Excellence in Al Planning (PLANET);
- Requirements Engineering Network of International Cooperating Research Group (RENOIR);
- Superconducting European Network (SCENET).
PublicationsAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type I ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Type II ClassificationAvailable with paid subscription only.
Subjects *Available with paid subscription only.
UN Sustainable Development Goals **
UIA Org ID
** UN SDGs are linked to the subject classification.
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.