Global civil society activity in Rotterdam, Netherlands
Rotterdam is a city and municipality in the Netherlands. It is the second-largest Dutch city after the capital Amsterdam, and is located in the province of South Holland, at the mouth of the Nieuwe Maas channel leading into the Rhine–Meuse–Scheldt delta at the North Sea. Its history goes back to 1270, when a dam was constructed in the Rotte, after which people settled around it for safety. In 1340, Rotterdam was granted city rights by the Count of Holland. The Rotterdam–The Hague metropolitan area, with a population of approximately 2.7 million, is the 13th-largest in the European Union and the most populous in the country. Located in the west of the Netherlands, Rotterdam is in the centre of the Rijnmond conurbation and lies at the southwest corner of the larger Randstad conurbation.
– syndicated content from Wikipedia
From UIA's International Meetings Statistics Report
Rotterdam is ranked #77 over a 20 year period,
with 551 meetings since 1998.
2018Rotterdam is ranked #37 in 2018, with 43 meetings.
Local UIA Partner
Rotterdam Partnerswebsite: https://en.rotterdampartners.nl/
Rotterdam Partners Convention Bureau offers free, objective and professional advice to organisers of congresses or business meetings about the opportunities on offer in Rotterdam. They help decide on venues, leisure programmes and communication choices to ensure that a congress, fair, meeting or business trip is a success. Services include:
- Advice and mediation: Provides advice about the choice of business venue and accommodation, and provides contacts with venues and hotels, Professional Congress Organisers (PCOs), Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and suppliers.
- Site inspection, FAM trip & Inspiration Day: Takes care of site inspections for the local organising committee or international board at locations including hotels, congress venues and restaurants. FAM trips and Inspiration Days are eye-opening ways to get to know what's on offer in Rotterdam.
- Production, co-financing and subsidies: Provides support in producing and in co-financing your bid book and/or presentations. Rotterdam Partners has all the latest information on subsidy rules and incentives on offer.
- Advice on putting together a programme: Helps organise a programme of leisure activities to accompany a fair or congress.
- Free visual aids: There are over 700 copyright-free photographs of Rotterdam in the Rotterdam Branding Toolkit which can be used free of charge to help promote an event in Rotterdam. Promotional videos are also available to be used in presentations.
- City information: Besides their time at a congress or fair, visitors should thoroughly enjoy their stay in Rotterdam. They can make use of city information resources, including the Rotterdam App, the City Map, Dining in Rotterdam, Rotterdam Shopping City, the Rotterdam Welcome Card and Roaming Rotterdam. These will help congress and fair participants to quickly find their way around the city. Rotterdam Partners Convention Bureau can for the most part provide these aids free of charge.
Organizations based in RotterdamIslamic University of Rotterdam Est. 1997
European Federation of Loss Adjusting Experts Est. 1968
Centre for Documentation and Exploration of the International Language Est. 1967
European Harbour Masters' Committee Est. 1985
European Association of Intellectual Disability Medicine Est. 1991
Veteran Esperantists Club Est. 1949
European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Est. 1981
Network for Industrially Contaminated Land in Europe Est. 1995
European Surgical Association Est. 1993
International Society of Blood Purification Est. 1982
Christian Artists Europe Est. 1970
Christian Care East West Est. 1983
International Society of Craniofacial Surgery Est. 1983
International Association of Customs Museums Est. 1993
International Association for Aesthetics Est. 1984
Universal Esperanto Association Est. 1908
AIESEC Est. 1949
European Taekwondo Union Est. 1976
World Organization of Young Esperantists Est. 1938
International Esperantist Scientific Association Est. 1906
IMISCOE Research Network
Poetry International Foundation
Future Events in RotterdamCongress – European Association for Neuro-Oncology
2021 World Library and Information Congress : Annual General Conference and Assembly – International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions
2021 Biennial Congress – European Federation of National Maintenance Societies
2021 Annual General Meeting – European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
2020 ICHO : Quadrennial International Congress of Hyperthermic Oncology – European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology
2020 Annual Congress – International Solid Waste Association
2020 World Congress – International Food and Agribusiness Management Association
2020 Annual Congress – European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases
2020 International Symposium on Vessel Traffic Services – International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities
Past Events in Rotterdam
2019 European Winter Meeting – Econometric Society
2019 Annual Conference – European Federation of Food Science and Technology
2019 Europort Maritime Conference – European Shipyards' and Maritime Equipment Association
2019 Annual European Conference – International DB2 Users Group
2019 Annual Congress and General Assembly – European Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and Biology
2019 Annual Congress – European Society for Paediatric Anaesthesiology
2019 Annual General Meeting – World Pheasant Association
2019 Annual Symposium – Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism
2019 Annual Conference – European Business History Association
2019 Biennial Congress – International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis
2019 Conference – European Ruby Conference
2019 Annual Scientific Meeting – European Association of Psychosomatic Medicine
2019 Conference – European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
2019 Joint Conference – International PEN
2019 Conference – International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement
2019 Eurovirology : European Congress on Virology – European Society for Clinical Virology
2019 Congress – Vascular Access Society
2019 Annual Conference – Advance Care Planning International
2019 Annual Meeting – European Eye Bank Association
2018 Biennial Conference – European League of Institutes of the Arts
2018 Congress – International Viola Society
2018 WOCOMO : World Collaborative Mobility Congress – World Collaborative Mobility Congress
2018 Annual Conference – European Society of Medical Imaging Information
2018 Global Chemical Industry European Convention – European Chemical Industry Council
2018 Europe/Africa/Middle East Conference – Foodservice Consultants Society International
← return to your search page to find additional profiles.
UIA allows users to access and make use of the information contained in its Databases for the user’s internal use and evaluation purposes only. A user may not re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the UIA Databases or the data* contained therein without prior permission from the UIA.
Data from database resources may not be extracted or downloaded in bulk using automated scripts or other external software tools not provided within the database resources themselves. If your research project or use of a database resource will involve the extraction of large amounts of text or data from a database resource, please contact us for a customized solution.
UIA reserves the right to block access for abusive use of the Database.
* Data shall mean any data and information available in the Database including but not limited to: raw data, numbers, images, names and contact information, logos, text, keywords, and links.