The Union of International Associations (UIA) seeks a half-time Editorial Assistant to join a small, enthusiastic team editing the Yearbook of International Organizations.
Who are we?
The Union of International Associations (UIA) is a research institute and documentation centre, based in Brussels. Non-profit, apolitical, independent, and non-governmental in nature, the UIA has been a pioneer in the research, monitoring and provision of information on international organizations, international associations and their global challenges since 1907. Find out more on www.uia.org.
- Handle day-to-day contact with international associations per email;
- Analyze data received from multiple sources and edit the database content accordingly through the editing programme;
- Search in depth for new data;
- Rigorously follow editing rules and meet editing deadlines;
- Work in collaboration with the editing team, under the supervision of the Editor-in-Chief.
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Eye for details;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Team spirit, but still able to work independently;
- Comfortable with computers;
- Interest for the non-for-profit sector.
What we offer:
- A contract, half-time (20h/week), starting in April 2018;
- Pleasant work environment within a small and friendly team.
Wish to join us? Please, send letter of motivation and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Candidature YB” in the subject line.