The Union of International Associations (UIA) seeks a part-time Web Application Developer to join our web team.
Who are we?
The Union of International Associations (UIA) is a research institute and documentation centre, based in Brussels. Non-profit, apolitical, independent, and non-governmental in nature, the UIA has been a pioneer in the research, monitoring and provision of information on international organizations, international associations and their global challenges since 1907. Find out more on www.uia.org.
- To assist in assessing the requirements of an application, research appropriate solutions, and implement those solutions;
- To create and produce documentation related to your work;
- To work in collaboration with the web development team.
The UIA is looking for someone who either already has the necessary experience and skills, or who has a strong desire to learn front-end and back-end web development.
You should have:
- The knowledge or willingness to learn:
- Object-Oriented PHP (OOP);
- Laravel and Drupal frameworks;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Team spirit, but also the ability to work independently.
Previous experience in web-based software application development is a plus. You should also be able to be regularly available in our office in Brussels, Belgium.
What we offer:
- A part-time employment contract or freelance opportunity;
- Possibility to gain experience in full stack web application development;
- Possibility for training;
- Ability to work autonomously in a flexible environment;
- Pleasant work environment within a small and friendly team.
Wish to join us? Please, send letter of motivation and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Candidature Web Application Developer” in the subject line.