The Union of International Associations (UIA) is active in a network of 42,000 international associations. From these more than 28,000 organize regular events in the country of their headquarter or in the countries where their members are based.
Recognizing the importance of international meetings and congresses to international association life and the need for networking between association and industry bodies, the UIA offers a range of tools to destinations to connect with these international associations:
- Associate Membership: an Associate Membership with UIA will give you direct access to the associations and events databases and to a variety of options for connecting with international associations.
- Customized data extractions: the most flexible and powerful method to access UIA’s data based on specific criteria meeting your needs
- Networking and sponsorship opportunities at the UIA Associations Round Tables
The UIA's Associate Members include national, regional and local offices of tourism and convention bureaus, congress centres, hotels, airline companies, congress organizers and travel agencies, media companies, industry representatives, consultants, associations, and other organizations. Members are accepted without distinction of nationality, race, sex, and creed, nor of adherence to ideological, political or professional groups.
Criteria for "Starter Associate Member"
Starter Membership is offered to emerging and/or smaller entities in the industry. It is limited to 3 years. After the initial three years, membership with UIA may be upgraded to Standard or Premium Membership. To qualify for a Starter Membership:
- the entity has existed for less than three years at the time of application;
- the entity has a limited capacity or size (hotels with fewer than 200 beds; congress centres with maximum capacity under 200 places; other entities with no more than 3 FTE employees).
Criteria for “Individual Associate Member”
Individual Membership is offered to any natural person with interest in the world of associations and wishing to be affiliated with UIA.
Associate Members are entitled to preferential use of UIA's services. For more information see the 'Categories and Benefits' tab above.
Annual Membership Rates 2023
- Premium Membership: € 3,815
- Standard Membership: € 2,400
- Starter Membership: € 1,440
- Individual Membership: € 850
How to Become an Associate Member
A membership application form is available by clicking on the 'Application Form' tab above. The form should be completed and submitted to the UIA.